Saturday, August 2, 2014

Texas!

I must be getting eager to get home as last night I had Border Salad and tonight I had Rio Grande Nachos.  Yummy!

Tonight, the restaurant we ate at had 2 cake balls (locally made by XXX) served with a scoop of Blue Bell ice cream.  The two cake balls are my favorite.... Tres Leche and Carrot cake.  So we ordered the cakes to go....since I was so full....and got the ice cream for hubby to enjoy.  

I expected "cake balls" to be smaller than a cupcake, but larger than this!  Hmmm!  I am thinking of two bites (max) for each cake.  lol




Today we traveled to Lake Conroe, Texas (north of Houston).   Based on TripAdvisor suggestions, we went to Wolf Sanctuary.  What an interesting, educational experience.  They have several "wolfdogs" there and once a vet or someone else has designated them "wolfdog," it's very difficult to get them adopted out.  One of our guide's major responsibilities is to get Federal, state,and county ordinances to recognize the dogs for what they are....as several are 100% dogs, but mis-labeled as wolfdogs.  Fascinating to hear the differences between dogs and wolfdogs and wolves.  

Here's a photo of a dog...

Here's a photo of wolfdog (mid content wolfdog).


"She enjoys posing for pictures and basking in attention."


Also, just in case you want more info, here's a page out of the book we bought.


Tomorrow, it's time to get home!  Hubby says he misses our hand-held shower head.  I miss having a free day with no travels or things to do or see.  Back to being lazy me!  



No comments: