Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Soul Mates

soulmate (or soul mate) is a person with whom one has a feeling of deep or natural affinity.[1] This may involve similaritylove,romancefriendshipintimacysexualitysexual activityspirituality, or compatibility and trust.[2]

We often hear these words when people are in search of a partner in life.  "I want to find my soul mate."  I don't remember if that is what I said years ago.  I wanted a "husband!"   

Anyway, 29 years ago I did find my soul mate, Paul Delaney.  Of course we didn't know it at that time, but I guess we were destined to be together.  Recently, we were apart for a month while I did some traveling and helping my mom.  He sent me a card and I want to share part of a poem on the card written by Suzanne Heins.

You and I are connected in a way that goes beyond romance, beyond friendship, beyond what we've ever had before. 
It has defied time, distance, and changes in  ourselves and in our lives.
And it has defied every explanation except one - purely and simply, we're soul mates.

Of course, I cried when I got the card.  Yes, he's my soul mate, my best friend, my lover, my strongest supporter (of my photography), and my caddy.... he's the one that holds my camera bag. 


This is one of few photos of the two of us that he does not have my camera bag on his shoulder and this photo is one of my favorites from our trip.  

Paul has been my caddy in more ways than one.  He has carried me emotionally and spiritually when I have needed it.  He has always been there for me.  God bless you, Paul Lawrence Delaney and thanks for twenty-six years of marriage.  I love you, hubby!

 
 

No comments: