Tuesday, June 24, 2014

SOS Club

My sister, Romey, recently joined me in the newly created club - SOS Club.  SOS - Sisters Over Sixty!  We are having our first annual SOS Club outing.  We left Grantsburg, Wisconsin and drove up to the North Shore of Lake Superior (Minnesota).  Lake Superior has a magical, mystical pull on so many souls.  Some souls that can't get to the ocean can get fulfilled at the large lakes of our country.  They can be equally fulfilling.  

When we left at noon, the temperatures was 81 and by the time we got two hours Up North, it was 50 degrees.  Another hour later at check-in to resort, we could see our breath when we talked outside!  Uffda! That's too cold.  

It's cold, windy and foggy...but we are snug as bug in a rug right now.  We bought identical hooded sweatshirts and T-shirts today (as I neglected to pack warm enough for this weather).  I know that everyone in my family seems to love the colors turquoise and aqua, but I didn't know we liked same patterns and styles so much too!  I am writing this sitting in my hoodie and waiting for room to warm up.  We have had our night caps (liquor) and have taken our medications for the night.  It's nine o'clock, so it's time for these two sisters over sixty to get to bed.  Sleep well, y'all!

No comments: