Wednesday, June 25, 2014

SOS Club annual outing # 1 Day 2

Sister # 2 (Romey) who just turned 60 this month, and I continued our outing on North Shore of Lake Superior
today.  We had a room with lake view so that I could take photo of sunrise over the lake this morning.  Upon waking up at 5 a.m., the sky was overcast and right at the horizon was a dark red line separating the sky and sea!  

First stop - Gooseberry Falls, here are the upper falls.




Lower falls 


Split Rock Lighthouse from the highway overlook.


Next we found a pull-over (non state official) with a path going down to water.  Romey had to take a photo so that I wouldn't get in anymore trouble for "trespassing."


The trail did not generate any worthwhile photos, but a bridge overlook gave some good shots of Beaver Creek



Then it was back to Duluth for a late lunch at Grandma's and now back in Wisconsin.  Looking forward to next years SOS Club outing when we get to take another sister, Renell.  

I will resume daily blogging (I hope) on  Monday, June 30 when my hubby and I begin our five weeks trip in Northeast.  

No comments: