Monday, November 28, 2011

Steps

Two weeks ago, I had just about reached the end of my rope.  Actually, there have been a few times this fall that I felt that way.  This day was the most recent end-of-my-rope days.  Everything seemed to be out of control or at least out of MY control... my weight, blood sugar, mood, etc, etc. 

I realized that I had to do something for my health, beside the anti-depressant that I basically begged my doctor to prescribe for me a week earlier.  So I decided to do the HCG injections in effort to lose weight and fat.  I knew several people at work that had done it with success.  I heard they also have drops that you put in your mouth, but the doctor's office said, "they are not as effective." 

I got an appointment that day and went to hear about the injections and 500 calorie diet.  I paid my money and wondered if I really would be able to give myself injections.  I have not liked needles since I was kid and like most kids I would cry and scream when the needle was in sight.  The nurse told me, "you won't even feel this injection, it will hurt much less then taking your blood sugar."  Ya, right?

It was with a great amount of trepidation that I took my syringes, my documents and left the office.  All night I dreamed about needles.  The next morning I prepped myself and put the tip of the needle on my belly.  I took a deep breath and then a miracle happened.  I looked down, the needle had already penetrated my skin and I didn't even feel it!  A little push to get the needle (only about 1.5 inches) into my fat and push the medicine into my body.  WooHoo!  I did it! 

And I have done it every day since.  Plus I have been on low calorie diet, that has virtually no carbs and no sweets and no alcohol.  Already I have seen results, 15 pounds down, swelling is gone in my feet, blood sugar in normal ranges (without pills).  I am pleased with these steps and these results.  But I would die for a piece of pizza right now!

One of the people at work said, "Rayna, it's all in your head."  The HCG injections jump start my weight loss, but I know that I have to work on my mind games in order to keep the weight loss and keep the healthy eating continuous.  As I have written before, I am not so-good about perseverance, so this will be a challenge.  Can I do this?

2 comments:

Robyn Austin said...

Can you do this?? Look at what you've overcome already in just 2 weeks. I believe in you!

Ron Hedberg said...

I'm glad it is going well for you. You can do it. We want you around for a long time.