Sunday, March 3, 2013

Cowboys and Cowgirls

Today, hubby and I went to dive-bar!  This is a new place we had not been to before.  I heard about it in January when my cousin (third/once removed) told me about it.  Then last night, one of our neighbors mentioned that he goes to this place for Karaoke.  So we called my cousin and he and his wife were going there today too.  Since we have not seen them this year, we decided to travel about 20 miles to this place to see both our neighbor and my cousin.  As it turned out, two of other neighbors were there too.

One of the songs that singers sometimes sing is "Momma,  don't let your sons grow up to be cowboys."   I thought of this photo I took last week.  How appropriate, a momma and her "cowboy."


This dive bar was dimly lit and smokey, so from a distance I could see women dressed in flashy clothes and tight pants.  I first figured that the crowd was a lot younger than me.  But then I looked closely and saw that many faces had the weathered look of time written all over them.  It reminded me of this photo I took yesterday of a tortoise with their crepe neck line. 


Reminds me of the some of "cowgirls" I saw today.  Oh my, this is the time of women trying to look younger than they are by the outfits they wear.  I guess I'm not much better with my fat arms, tattoo,  and tank top!  Oh well!  Regretfully, we women with our crepe necklines are much like the tortoise in the story of the tortoise and the hare, we move slow and steady.  We may win the race, but we don't get the guys! 

Speaking of guys, my hubby had to get  one of the new phones for his job.   Now he can take photos too!  So what does he show me today, but a photo of me sleeping on the couch....I look terrible!!  All I can say is, it's a good thing we have been married almost 25 years or I'd be single again.  Ugh!  Even I was repulsed.  With that thought, I think I will have a beer!  Ten days until St. Patrick's Day!




1 comment:

Robyn Austin said...

Well now you just have to hope Paul doesn't start a photo blog of his own!! (Great pictures, as always, Rayna!)