Saturday, March 9, 2013

Thee Day!



"Oh, what a beautiful morning..Oh, what a beautiful day.  I have a wonderful feeling... every thing's going God's way!"

I sing that song quite often on my drive to work.  It helps put me in the right spirit of things.  As much as I wish I had control over my day... I know that it will go God's way!   I took this photo of the sunrise at South Padre Island last July.  It's one of my all-time favorites.  I had this photo printed on canvas and recently hung it my living room. 

Here's another photo I took the same morning.


This girl went down to the water and started dancing in the waves.  My first thought was, "Get out of my way, little girl, I want to take pictures of the sunrise!"  Then I saw her shadow or reflections on the beach and I quickly shot two photos of her.  I loved the shadows and the reflections on the beach of the sun rising. I had this photo printed on metal, as it has the cool, dark colors and the shine of water.  It looks great!  I entered this photo in a recent photography art exhibit.  Two of my friends like this because it reminds them of their granddaughter Olivia.  So I call this my "Olivia" picture.  Another friend saw this at the art exhibit and asked for a private showing (lol) of my photos so her husband could come and see them too.  She really liked "Olivia," but then I pointed out the similar sunrise photo on my wall and she really liked that one.  So I basically sold that photo right off my wall. 

Yesterday, I was reminded that each day is a new day and new time!  My phone calendar popped up with a reminder message, "Last day of work."  I thought, how did that get in there?  Then I remembered that March 8 was one of my original retirement dates!  I had to laugh out loud (LOL).  I thought that March 8 was going to be THEE DAY that I retired.  But I guess God has other plans for me!  That is the second retirement date that has come and gone.  I have another date in June that I planned to retire, but after my winter vacation I decided to stay at my job longer than June so that I could take a trip to Hawaii (in November).  Oh well, I will keep working for a while longer and that's OK.  Thee day of retirement will come, some day! I will keep you posted, you can be sure of that.

No comments: