Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Vacation Day!

Workers that world around know the excitement of the "vacation day!"  

Having been retired for over five years, many people still working have told me, "You're on vacation every day now."  Well, technically yes, but figuratively no.  There are things to do and places to go.... doctor appointments, church commitments, lunch with friends, grocery shopping, etc.  It seems like our calendar has at least one commitment every day.  

The other night I looked at my calendar and saw that there nothing planned for the next day.  [Side note, I have to look at my calendar as I don't have a work schedule to remind of which day of the week it is.  I know, such a tough life.]  My first thought on seeing the empty day on the calendar was "vacation day."  Where did that thought come from?  I wonder, is that really what retirees call their nothing-planned days now?  I doubt it.  What is a good term for retirees to use? 

Regardless, the feeling was good!  There may or will come a time in my life when I have many empty days on my calendar.  Until then, I will excited by my "vacation days," retired or not!

No comments: