Friday, May 12, 2017

What would you do?


What Would You Do?

What would you do?  Where would you go.... if you had an extra $7,000? 

Today I posted that question on Facebook and I have almost 40 posts.  The responses ranged from "go to the bank or car lot" to going to Italy, Greece, Ireland, Norway, Fuji, Bora Bora, or Hawaii.  It certainly was interesting!

I asked the question because hubby and I have been thinking of taking a trip next year that would cost at least $7,000.  So rather than rush into this decision and maybe I'm second-guessing my choices, I thought I would ask others where they would go.  If you read the post, I will tell you my hubby's answer is not what we have been discussing!  😬  So, is it back to the drawing board or is it not?

But we both thought it was quite ironic that today we got my yearly statement from my small life insurance plan that I bought when I was in college and the cash value is $7,010.  Hubby says, "There is your $7,000!"

Tomorrow, we will be walking with others at the annual American Cancer Society walk in Frederic.  My mother is a very diligent fund-raiser for this cause, having lost her father and a sister to cancer.  Every year she raises more and more money.  Recently my Facebook has shown past posts in the "On This Day" and I have seen the progression of her fund-raising efforts as the walk is always the second weekend of May.  As of today, she raised $4,100, beating all her previous records.   Wow!

Now, we have to trust that American Cancer Society will know what to do with that money. 








No comments: