Thursday, July 30, 2015

Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes!

Jimmy Buffet sings about "changes in latitude, changes in attitude."  In other words, the lower the latitude (further south) the more relaxed a person feels (i.e. changes in attitude).  This change usually correlates to sea islands and beaches of the lower latitudes!

Guess what?  The higher latitudes (as I get further Up North) my attitude changes too.  I guess I'm a bi-latitude person....my attitude changes for the good when I go Up North or to the southern beaches.

After 10 hours driving today, my attitude loves just a good meal, excellent margarita (and I'm not even a margarita-lover) and a bed to sleep in.  Can't forget having WiFi coverage too!

Yesterday, I blogged about planning many parts of our trip.  I didn't mention that we talked and decided that we would eat a breakfast (included with room charge) at the hotel in morning and then have nuts, Twizzlers, and granola bars for lunch and snacks during our drives.  Upon arrival at our hotel, we would have dinner out.  Worked fine, as it worked according to plan yesterday,  Today, "the best laid plans of mice and men went awry!"   First change of drivers had me inside a convenience store buying M&M's for each of us.  A couple stops later, we each bought a doughnut or two.  Our final change of drivers included a potty break and an ice cream cone.  Needless to say, no nuts or granola bars were devoured today.  

Let's hope the rest of the trip goes according to plan and if doesn't.....who cares, we're still traveling and having fun!  Tomorrow a niece gets married in Minneapolis so blog may or may not happen.  No, it's NOT on my agenda to blog tomorrow night.  


No comments: