Thursday, May 28, 2015

Intuition versus Intellect

I have been struggling with a decision for awhile now and it's driving me crazy.  I can't get into specifics in this blog as some people will think I have lost all my ability to think and reason.  In other words, these "some" people will think I have truly gone crazy.  For the record...the ability to think and reason is a definition of intellect.  

Intuition, on the other hand, is the ability to understand something immediately, without the need for conscious reasoning.  A lot of times, it's referred to as that "gut feeling" you get.  Another way I might describe this dilemma is the Head versus the Heart.  Make sense?


As a bit of background, if you don't already know it, I have a bit of "gypsy" blood in me.  I can't stay or stand still in one place (job or residence) for very long before I get antsy and want change.  I often think it's a character flaw in me.  But then again, I would not have met all the people I have met and seen the places I have seen if I wasn't a bit of gypsy.  

Some folks have said of me, "No moss grows under your feet."  But shouldn't I be reaching the age of "settling down" soon?  When I am dead and gone, put my ashes in a lake, river or ocean....someplace that I will still have a change of scenery!  Ha-Ha!

Head vs Heart.  Pros vs Cons.  Even in reviewing what my head says, there are pros AND cons.  Same thing with what my heart says.  Oh, what do I do?  



No comments: