Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Making a List, Checking it Twice!

Making a list, checking it twice.....isn't that part of Christmas poem or song?  Well, it was my story of last night's restlessness. 

Yesterday, a comment on Facebook got me thinking of what I have done with my life and where I have been.  Of course this thought process continued after lights-out!  I was mentally making lists of what kind of jobs I had done; places I lived (24 cities/towns since high school); the number of airports I have flown into (43); longest time living in one place (almost 9 years at this address) and so on.  I'm sure you get the drift!  Before I knew it was 12:58 a.m. and sleep was evading me.  I got up out of bed and spent a couple of hours on the computer looking at Facebook and playing games.  Decided to go back to bed and sleep was still evasive!  The time was 5:15 a.m. when I last looked at clock and then fell asleep.  Surprisingly, I only slept until 8:20 a.m. and got up for the day.

No naps this afternoon either!  Truthfully, I have not had a restless night like that in a very long time and I'm not sure what triggered it?  It could have been a couple pieces of dark chocolate I had while watching TV last night.  It could have been that I just had too much on my mind.  It could have been the knee and shoulder pain I have been enduring lately.  It could have been just a lesson to learn on how thankful I should be when I do sleep peacefully and for a long time! 

Now that my lists are written down here and accounted for, I will plan on a taking a long, winter's nap tonight....oh, wait that's another Christmas poem or song!

No comments: