Sunday, December 1, 2013

Gray Saturday?

I saw someone mention that yesterday was Gray Saturday.  I couldn't find too much about that term on Google, except that after Black Friday comes Gray Saturday.  Did a little shopping on Black Friday for a first time experience.  I am usually on vacation or working on the day after Thanksgiving, so it was unique to go out and experience it.  Actually, it was a piece of cake and very light crowds in my estimation.  Granted, I was no where near the electronics section of the stores and I waited until after 9 a.m. to venture out.  :)

Saturday came with warmer temperatures after our cool front visited us for a week.  The warmer temperatures helped to deal with the mostly cloudy sky.  Hubby was gone most of day on courier runs and I was alone.  Alone with my thoughts of family Up North getting  together for the annual Cookie Bake.  Last year I promised them and myself that I would be attending this year.  But, that was before I decided I just had to see and experience Hawaii.  So, it was not in-the-cards this year for me to travel up there.  There's always next year.

I guess if I was going to feel lonely, I best do something that made me think of family.  NO!  I did not bake cookies.  I created their Christmas present - a calendar with photos that I have taken in the past year. It was fun re-living some of the experiences and re-loving places we visited by picking out photos for their calendar.  I hope they will like it!

Also, I created our Christmas card and ordered it.  Now it's to get that annual Christmas letter written.  In the theme of Thanksgiving, it's always nice to reflect back on the past year and where we went and what we did.  It seems we never run out of things to write about!  The beginning of year we had Mom & Dad visiting us and the birth of a new great nephew, Nash, to the end of the year and our Hawaii trip.  Lots of good things in between, so very thankful.



No comments: