Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fall Fotos!

Fall in South Texas means that the birds and butterflies are on their way back to our area. Some friends mentioned that there were lots of butterflies at the Birding Center in Edinburg, so hubby & I went up there and then went to Santa Ana National Wildlife park today. The above picture was a complete surprise as butterflies seem to fly away the second I get my camera close enough to get them in my site. This one lighted right on my finger and then transferred to hubby's finger so that I could get something other than a one-handed camera shot.
The next photo is colorful, therefore a favorite of mine. Now we get to photos of the weird!


Look at the designs on this spider web! It's the most unique spider web I have ever seen!

As we driving along I made hubby stop the car as I saw a mass on butterflies on the side of the road. They were oblivious to me as they had their lunch of javelina sh_t!




Finally for the benefit of my reptile-hating sisters, I have included this adorable little critter. Look at his colorful throat, he knows it's fall. He's showing off his colors! Happy Fall!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rayna, You take such neat pictures!That green guy is a lot prettier than any snake!! Annie-Ro