Saturday, May 3, 2008

LOVE

LOVE - the "other" four-letter word. The best four-letter word. The BEST word! Love encompasses so much, doesn't it? In the my old-faithful dictionary, love is a noun, but I prefer to think of it as a "verb." A verb expresses action. Love is not always a state of being, it's a state of doing, acting, moving. There's an old church/camp song that has been running through my mind a lot lately, "They will know we are Christians by our love."

As irritating as "ear worms" are, this song has been a constant reminder of my renewal. I am reminded that everywhere and every time, I have the opportunity to show God's love through my actions and words. It's an awesome responsibility. It's an awesome reward.

I can not begin to describe how much better I feel emotionally since I allowed and made the choice to release my anger and control of my world and let God walk with me on my life's journey. I had a very-hardened heart, a heart of stone. There was no way that love could "beat" in a heart of stone. A couple of weeks ago, I wrote about the boulders/rocks in my life that I need to sacrifice. Some of them are still there, but I'm much more willing to leave them on my journey's path and move forward... in love.

1 comment:

Ron Hedberg said...

It sounds like you are doing great. Keep it up!