Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My younger sister started blogging a year ago and then I took a chance and started too, as I like to write. I write to "hear myself think." I don't know if that makes sense or not, but it does to me. Anyway, once in awhile someone will write or say something to me that I know they have read my blog. Tonight hubby and I were at the American Legion with some neighbors and we won the 50-50 raffle.... $101. Yahoo! One of our neighbors said something like that now I won't have to walk as many miles. She was speaking of my $10/mile walking commitment towards paying for my trips.

A week ago, another neighbor saw me and said, "I see that you're walking again." I asked her if she saw my blog about $10/mile. She replied, "Robbing Peter to pay Paul." I guess that I don't want to think of it quite that way, but basically that IS what I'm doing. Except that every mile I walk, I'm "paying" myself with better health, whereas if I don't walk, I'm "robbing" myself of good health.

On Thursday, I get my regular pay check so I look forward to transferring money to my savings account for my TRIPS! It doesn't matter if I'm "robbing to pay," it's a matter of what motivates me to get something done towards better health!

1 comment:

Robyn Austin said...

I suppose it doesn't matter who gets robbed as long as PAUL is getting paid! Keep up the good work blogging and walking. I am only doing one of the two these days and I am paying for it (in a different way). Love ya!