Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Comfort Food

Comfort food is food that provides a nostalgic or sentimental value to someone,[1] and may be characterized by its high caloric nature, high carbohydrate level, or simple preparation.[2] The nostalgia may be specific to an individual, or it may apply to a specific culture.[3]  



My comfort food is pizza!  It fits all the criteria of Wikipedia's description, doesn't it?

I had a lot of comfort food in the past four weeks and only once was it pizza.  How so?  

Well, I have decided to redefine my "comfort food" as meals shared with dear friends and family.  There has been a bunch of meals.....14 to be exact that we have shared with others. That's an average of 1 every other day!  

We had meals with Texas friends, Arizona friends, former co-workers, fellow apartment residents, cousins, aunts, uncles, sisters and my Mom.  These people all hold such a special place in my heart and in our lives.  Sharing a meal with these people has brought so much joy and comfort to my soul.  It's been a wonderful month!  

No comments: