Thursday, February 26, 2009

Life

So much for resolutions...... I reviewed my last post on New Year's Day and I have to laugh! Did I do any of those for even a week? I can't remember. Speaking of resolutions, my sister who blogs daily has been writing a lot of eating, dieting, exercising, etc. I'm sure she weighs a at least 120 pounds less than I do and yet she is more concerned about her weight than I am. I am seventeen years older than her and I don't want to see her fretting over weight until she's my age. Life's too short to worry about some things. Granted, life will possibly be a lot shorter if a person continues to carry excess weight around. But part of me doesn't care anymore! Or do I?


In response (comment) to my sister's recent blog I wrote.... "Girl! What you need to "give up" is worrying about being fat! Let it go, like me. I rather enjoy the heavy breathing I do when I move around. My hubby rather "enjoys" my skin-tight clothes and the "love handles." My employer enjoys the money I spend on lunches and breakfasts in the cafeteria. My druggist enjoys the money I spend on high blood pressure medicine. Life being fat and NOT fretting over it is really quite enjoyable. You ought to try it, you might like it!"


My intent was to really tell my sister that I was concerned about her thinking about her weight and what she eats all the time. It can become an obsession (an addiction) and believe me, our family genes carry plenty of addictive behaviors. I have periodically obsessed (called diets) for years about what I'm eating, what I weigh and I continue to gain weight. I don't want her to end up like me, weighing 120 pounds more than now. However, I think my sarcastic sub-conscious mind took over in my message and before I knew it, I was writing very flippantly about some serious stuff (heavy breathing & high blood pressure). I do realize that there has to be a balance here.... concern about weight and what I eat, but not an obsession that takes over my life, day & night. I wonder how and when I will get that balance??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back. I keep checking for your weekly blog entry. I'm so sorry that your computer is so slow and has such a long delay before it comes up on the screen. Take care. Love ya!
Raylene