Tuesday, January 23, 2018

The Beach

Concept of upcoming new year and passing of time. Sunrise. royalty-free stock photo



Having spent a limited amount of time vacationing on the beach, I have often entertained the idea of living in a home on beach.  It sounds so seductive.  But then I would think, I would get bored just looking out at water, day after day.  I like seeing landscape and lights in the distance.  

Now that we are in a condo on the beach for two months, I am finding that the view changes every day and sometimes every hour.  The color of water varies from dark blue, black (at night), light blue, blue-green, gray and full of "diamonds" when the sun shines on it.  The waves coming into the beach vary too, even though there is not much of low/high tide here.

The horizon can be distinctive and other times merged with the sea. The clouds above the water are in full view, not obstructed by buildings.  The sun creates a vast array of color hues at sunrise and sunset.  

Yes, I think I could used to this view.  

No comments: