Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thankfulness!

In my last blog before I departed on vacation, I said I planned to relax and rejuvenate. But actually it was hubby that rejuvenated, as he ended up in the Heart Institute in Minneapolis, where's he been a patient before. They ended up opening up two arteries that were 90 - 95% blocked with two stents. It's not the type of "rejuvenation" that one often thinks of, but it works.

My thoughts about vacation are ones of thankfulness.

Thankful that hubby's heart attack did not happen in the middle of Kansas, where we would have been unfamiliar with the hospitals and had no loving support from family nearby.

Thankful that hubby had a heart attack and NOT cardiac arrest.

Thankful that the heart attack did happen within miles of my previous employer and a great hospital. Also, the heart hospital where he was transferred to had all of hubby's medical records from previous heart treatment.

Thankful that family and friends were close by to offer support and prayers.

Thankful that I was still able to attend nephew/godson, David's graduation party.

Thankful that we were still able to do some visiting and having good times after hubby was released from hospital.

Thankful that we could actually witness a celebration of a marriage that has lasted sixty years, my parents.

Thankful that my hubby AND both of my parents are alive and well.

Thankful that we had a safe car trip up to Wisconsin and back again. 4200 + miles on this road trip.

Thankful for air conditioning when it's over 100 degrees when we got home.

Thankful that I had nine work days off and whatever problems await me at work will have to wait until tomorrow. I have a few more hours of relaxation and rejuvenation.

No comments: