Saturday, March 28, 2009

BUSY vs LAZY

Busy versus Lazy

I've been thinking of this subject for a week now, but I'm been too busy to sit down and write about it. Over the past three months, I have not blogged much, photographed much and more importantly I have not contacted family and friends via email or phone. I've been busy!

Yes, I've hosted my parents for two months. But busy, not really! Sure, I went with them to a few nighttime shows in the Valley, but really nothing that prevented me from contacting others. Why have I not done those things that I love and "need" to do? I'm lazy.

About a week ago at work, one of my co-workers made a mistake. I asked her, how did this happen? Her reply was that "Sometimes we're so busy, I don't really look at the order, I just put it in." Well, of course I had to tell her that "looking" at the order was a very important part of her job as the order has to be input correctly. Then I wondered to myself if her mistake was more a result of being lazy? Busy versus Lazy? Hmmm! I wonder where in my life I could identify with that?

It didn't take me long to realize that I use the "busy" term to replace doing a very important part of my life.... communicating with others. Truly, I have plenty of hours each night and weekend and I choose to be lazy, just resting on the couch, watching TV, reading, and doing nothing. At least doing nothing productive.

Oh, I know that we all need time to rest, but I probably abuse that philosophy a little bit too much. :) I guess awareness is half the battle. So, now that I have publicly admitted I am lazy, what am I going to do about it? Maybe, I'll just go and take a mid-morning nap! Sure enough, I just looked out the door of my office and hubby is already taking a nap in the reclining chair. It wouldn't be polite to not join him in the living room, now would it?

No comments: