Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I am

It's been one year since I started this blog. It's been quite an experience. I have taken some steps forward and fallen down, too. I have written openly about most of my steps and my falls. I am not sure that I want to or need to continue writing a blog. There is no doubt that I need to write, but not sure if my writing needs to be in this public fashion.

A year ago I thought in many different ways. I acted in many different ways. I was in many ways, a different person. Today, I am...... me. There are all kinds of labels that you or I could put on me.... short, fat, wife, sister, manager, Texan, friendly, lazy, photographer, etc. However, I do not have to be constrained by those labels or feel that my worth is tied up in those labels. I have choices. I have options.

Today, I am ..... feeling very exposed, yet feeling very whole. Today, I am....trying to live and act in the present, instead of re-acting based on past experiences or future expectations. Today, I am.... at peace.

2 comments:

Ron Hedberg said...

I have appreciated your writing. Thanks for sharing.

Forget the labels. Be who God created you to be. Each of us has a unique combination of talent, personality, and experience that enables us to impact the world in a way no other person can. We will be most effective, and fulfill our destiny, when we act on that preparation and go forward boldly to change the world, in our own unique ways.

Be the best you you can be. Nobody else can do it better.

I appreciate you for who you are.

Your brother

Robyn Austin said...

Whether you write in a blog or in your own private desktop folder, just keep writing! I have enjoyed so much sharing our blogging journey together. You keep inspiring me -- as you have in so many different ways over the years. Do what feels right for you. Do what keeps you at peace.

Thanks for sharing. Love you!
Bynski